Obesity is a chronic health condition that demands continuous treatment. If you are scheduled for bariatric surgery and need to lose weight before the procedure or if you are thinking about surgery, Monarch can help you. Bariatric surgery requires patients to make life-changing eating habits before and after surgery. Monarch specializes in weight loss and weight management by teaching patients how to eat properly to ensure successful weight loss and weight management for life with or without surgery.
Key components of Monarch's pre and post-bariatric surgery care:
- Calorie-restricted diet
- High protein diet
- Reduced carbohydrates
- Frequent, small meals
Many bariatric physicians require that a patient lose some weight two to three months before surgery. Medical studies show that losing even 10-15 pounds before surgery reduces the risk of complications of bariatric surgery, as well as various other surgeries.
Some surgeons may require a pre-op patient go on a protein liquid diet for two weeks, while others may require some other calorie-restricted diet. Depending on a patient's weight, body composition and overall health, a diet may range between 800-1200 calories a day, including 70-120 grams of protein.
With Monarch's professional and highly trained practitioners and staff, we will help you meet your pre-surgery goals and teach you how to eat a calorie-restricted, high-protein, reduced carbohydrate diet. We will work closely with you and your doctor and surgeon.
Monarch's pre-surgery bariatric diet is designed to:
- Reduce body fat
- Preserve lean body mass
- Prepare the body for post-surgery recovery
- Prepare the patient for post-surgery diet
Eating a reduced-calorie, high protein, low-carb diet is how the post bariatric patient will eat for the rest of their life to maintain health and ensure a successful surgery.
- Monarch Passport Plus: Six-month program, all-inclusive package with 4-week food kit of six $50 food vouchers.
- Monarch for Life: Lifetime program, three months before surgery and visits for life after.
- Food kits: 2-week food kit with 3 $50 food vouchers at discount or 4-week food kit with 6 $50 food vouchers at discount.
- Program enhancements: Monarch also offers appetite suppressants for qualifying patients, lipotropic injections and vitamins and supplements to help maximize your weight loss in the healthiest way.
Monarch has an excellent variety of delicious protein fortified drinks, shakes, snacks, food items and entrees. These food items are perfect for the pre and post bariatric surgery patient because they are nutritionally balanced with high protein and reduced carbohydrates. Products come in single serving sizes to help you learn how to eat properly and plan your daily meals.
*Now accepting insurance in the Portland area, Salem and Albany. Ask us about insurance for all other clinics. Financing available. Month-to-Month and Maintenance programs also available.